Each year Liv-ex surveys the international wine trade upon their return from tasting the new Bordeaux vintage. The survey is designed to track the consensus of opinion amongst the best professional tasters of young Bordeaux.
In summary, as voted by the Liv-ex Membership:
- Petrus is the wine of the vintage.
- Grand Puy Lacoste tops the value for money category.
- Lafite and Pichon Baron were the most disappointing wines.
- The vintage scored 91 overall, the same as in 2008 and 2011.
- Two thirds of merchants are expecting less demand than for the 2011s.
- Euro release prices are expected to be 10% lower than last year, on average.
For the full results of this year's survey, please visit the Liv-ex Bordeaux 2012 pages.