Each year Liv-ex surveys the international wine trade upon their return from tasting the new Bordeaux vintage. The survey is designed to track the consensus amongst the best professional tasters of young Bordeaux. Liv-ex’s membership numbers 440 of the world’s biggest buyers and sellers of fine wine.
In summary, as voted for by the Liv-ex membership:
- Yquem is the wine of the 2013 vintage.
- Grand Puy Lacoste tops the “value for money” category.
- Margaux was the most disappointing wine (but also the third favourite).
- The vintage scored 88 (out of 100) on average, the same as 2007.
- The 2013 First Growths were voted worst in terms of quality out of 07, 08, 11 and 12.
- 78% of merchants expect significantly less demand (down >20% on 2012) for the 2013s.
- Release prices are expected to be down 10% on 2012 but still up 26% on 2008 in Euro terms.
For the full survey report, including top ten wines of the vintage, price predictions and comments on Bordeaux 2013, please click here.
For En Primeur coverage, including scores and release prices, please go to the Liv-ex Bordeaux 2013 pages.